Elevator Constructors Recruit Apprentices
The International Union of Elevator Constructor Local 34 Joint Apprenticeship Program will accept applications for entrance into its 4-Year Apprenticeship Program.
Applications will be accepted:
Wednesday January 30,
2013 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Qualifications for Apprenticeship Applicants:
1) All applicants must be at least 18 years old.
2) A photocopy of a valid photo ID must be provided at time of application.
3) A photocopy of Birth Certificate must be provided at time of application.
4) A photocopy of High School Diploma or GED certificate must be provided at time of application.
5) All Veterans must provide a photocopy of their most recent DD-214 Form at time of application.
6) All applicants must be capable of performing the physical requirements of the job.
1) The application must be completed IN PERSON on site.
2) Photo copies of all required documents MUST be presented at time of application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
3) Applicants must score 70% or higher on an aptitude test. Applicants must provide a $25.00 non-refundable test fee by certified check or money order payable to NEIEP WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT THEIR ASSIGNED DATE AND TIME TO TAKE THE TEST. (NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.)
4) Those applicants passing the aptitude test must then sit for an interview.
5) Applicants must pass a valid drug test when selected.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER JANUARY 31, 2013.
The Elevator Constructors perform construction, modernization, service and repairs on various types of elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and people movers.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship will be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
Copyright of IUEC Local 34.